Account Manager - 8:00am-5:00pm
The principle responsibilities of the Health System Account Manager (HSAM) are the management of the relationships between Steward Information Services and a designated entity or entities within Steward Hospital Company. The HSAM shall be considered the primary liaison and relationship manager between these two groups. The Health System Account Manager will work directly with executives and management from the entity(s) and management from Information Services, to identify and define future business requirements in a time efficient manner.
Strategically, the HSAM works with their assigned facilities to define and maintain a 2-3 year plan for business, clinical, and technical projects as well as other requirements. This position requires the ability to evaluate end-user business/clinical needs and translate them into suggested people/process/technology solutions. Project management and implementation of these plans or solutions will also be a key success factor for HSAMs.
Tactically, the HSAM also functions as the primary point of contact at the entity(s) for resolution of issues and escalation of IS support issues, facility or medical equipment project planning, and work request prioritization. The HSAM shall keep record of escalated items for the Entity and provide access to that document for the Entity executive team. The HSAM will also periodically update the team both verbally and through a summary document.
* Ensuring the needs of the entity(s) are understood and appropriately communicated to IS Leadership. Documenting Critical and Urgent needs as soon as they are aware.
* Provides Monthly report of IS and HSAM activities/accomplishments/project statuses to entity(s) SLT as well as CIO and VP of Hospital Information Services.
* Define and maintain a 2-3 year plan for business, clinical, and technical projects.
* Works to continually raise awareness of Information Services Security policies and procedures.
* Point of contact at the entity(s) for all IS concerns.
* Point of contact at the entity(s) for resolution of issues and for escalation of support issues.
* Primary point of contact for all downtimes (planned or unplanned). Contact point for any downtime notifications and participant in downtime planning. Will attend all crisis calls relevant to entity(s) as appropriate and work with correct entity counterparts to initiate communication and mitigation procedures.
* Adheres to all IS policies and procedures and ensures compliance at local entity(s).
* Answer any and all questions regarding IS process, procedures or requests.
* Participant in entity SLT meetings (and/or other hospital/operations meetings as appropriate) to relay important information and gather feedback.
* Instrumental in entity specific related project planning and prioritizing work requests, including Facility and Medical Equipment projects that may have IS implications. Works with the entity and IS PMO to facilitate communication regarding any significant projects regarding such.
* Collaborate with business process owners to work with Steward IS to define requirements and implement solutions within the constructs of the IS PMO.
* Educate entity staff on appropriate procedures for gathering information and initiating project requests to the Steward IS PMO.
* Assist in Managing on-site resources for a particular site as needed to support the facility.
* Ensure IS is providing superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as a champion for the entity.
* Work closely with the entity NIM (Nurse Informatics Manager) to establish and implement proper procedures.
* Work collaboratively to prioritize projects with entity senior management and within the Project Management Office.
* Assist in local IS capital and operating budget preparation and management at the entity(s) as requested.
* Identify and help mitigate obstacles where possible to ensure excellent customer service is provided from IS.
* Providing IS leadership for strategic planning, operational goals and objectives of the entity
* Ensuring strategic and operational alignment between IS and the entity(s)
* Help to architect IS solutions where appropriate, leveraging business, healthcare and application experience to assist the entity when possible.
* Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Four-year college degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff within Steward in both written oral formats.
* Broad knowledge of acute and ambulatory healthcare
* Overall understanding of hospitals, physician practices, IPAs, and integrated delivery networks