Accounts Payable Associate
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for invoice processing and maintaining related financial records and reports pertaining to accounts payable of Steward Medical Group (SMG) at Hawthorn Medical. Coordinates internal and external communication relating to SMG @ HMA accounts payable. Responsible for Administrative Assistant duties to the Director of Finance and other finance team members. Performs all duties in accordance with all policies and procedures. Very high volume accounts payable, and with little variation in job duties. Follows SMG’s standards for ethical business conduct and compliance. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in committees, meetings, in-services, and activities as requested.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely processing relating to invoices, check requests, credits, and refunds into the finance system(s) according to departmental and company protocols and procedures.
- Serves as a resource for all SMG @ HMA Managers and all SMG central A/P office personnel by answering questions, generating and distributing monthly and as needed summary and detail payable reports.
- Gather information for set up of new vendors and coordinate all information to SMG central A/P office.
- Maintain all financial records and files for accounts payable. Transfers files to storage in an organized manner at least annually, and in accordance with SMG @ HMA retention policies.
- Coordinate inquiries (phone, email or facsimile) from vendors pertaining to accounts payable questions and discrepancies, timing of payments, etc. to SMG’s central A/P office.
- Prepares invoices for reimbursement, as needed.
- Prepare reports at the request of the Director of Finance or other finance team members.
- Identifies problems or discrepancies with invoice amounts and investigates and resolves with the appropriate party (Manager, finance team members, Accounting Supervisor, SMG central A/P office, vendor, etc).
- Responsible for multiple, various administrative duties including: coordinating meetings, filing, making or returning telephone or email messages, document scanning, copying/collating presentations, information/report delivery, etc. as requested by the Director of Finance or other finance team members.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred. Minimum of 1 – 3 years of accounts payable experience required. Financial systems experience preferred. Skilled in onBase Accounts Payable system and other computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite including Excel at an intermediate knowledge level; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Meditech and QuickBooks) and use of calculator / adding machine / etc. as appropriate. Strong customer service skills preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Ability to work independently or with others. Ability to produce accurate, timely results in a high volume environment with regular established deadlines. Knowledge of some finance / accounting principles and terminology. Ability to perform mathematics required for basic expense allocation. Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate in a clear, concise manner. Aptitude with highly detailed (often confidential) information. Proven ability to organize and prioritize work to effectively meet deadlines. Consistently maintains a positive outlook and attitude.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5460