Accounts Payable Specialist, Lead
The Lead Accounts Payable Analyst will work under the Manager, Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely processing of the invoices, assist with vendor relations and escalated Accounts Payable inquiries. The Lead Accounts Payable Analyst will assist the Accounts Payable Manager in training the Steward Medical Group Accounts Payable team in a fast paced invoice processing environment.
- Assists the Accounts Payable Manager with managing the Accounts Payable Analyst team through efficiencies and best practices.
- Assists the Accounts Payable Manager with various Accounts Payable Department job functions including:
- Supervising and training of the Accounts Payable Analyst team.
- Directing and/or assisting in the performance of tasks when required.
- Reviewing work productivity with Accounts Payable Manager to ensure a balanced team environment.
- Providing technical assistance and training to the Accounts Payable Analyst team.
- Assists in maintaining a current listing of the Accounts Payable Analyst job functions and staff assigned to each duty.
- Assists in conducting performance reviews with the Accounts Payable Analyst team.
- Runs the weekly Urgent Call and prepares the weekly Urgent Report to present to the Corporate Payment team.
- Runs the weekly Stop Payment and Re-issue report to present to the Corporate Payment team.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate invoice processing timelines; automate manual procedures.
- Various other duties as outlined by the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Experience (Type & Length): One (1) to three (3) years of Accounts Payable experience required, preferably in a Healthcare Environment.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Access/SQL skills preferred, other Microsoft Office skills a plus.
- Other: Previous healthcare, accounts payable experience a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17231