Administrative Assistant - 8:30am-5:00pm
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE General Surg Unall
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager or designee, the administrative assistant will primarily perform a variety of front desk duties and clerical duties assigned.
* Work closely with the department surgeons to ensure accurate booking of surgeries
* Obtain surgical authorizations from insurance companies as needed including workers comp cases
* Schedule pre-admission testing for surgical patients
* Work with the vendors to arrange necessary surgical equipment for the surgeries where needed
* Schedule History & Physical appointments for surgical patients
* Communicate closely with patients about the scheduling of their surgeries. Return patient enquiries about their surgery in a timely fashion.
* Schedule surgery related diagnostic studies and imaging etc.
* Scan all surgery related documents into Athena
* All other things related to surgical scheduling
* Check pts in/out at the front desk ensuring all demographic & insurance information is updated and a co-pay collected where applicable
* Verify referral requirement. Request referrals where needed.
* Answer department phones in a customer friendly and welcoming manner per the policy of Steward Medical Group. Ensure proper triage of all calls.
* Schedule patient appointments for the department ensuring proper referrals are in place/requests sent where missing.
* Schedule MRI & CT appointments and obtain authorizations as appropriate.
* Verify insurance coverage for all patients being seen by the orthopedic providers prior to scheduling them in the department.
* Enter professional and hospital charges into Athena & Meditech in a timely fashion. Work on insurance claims in the hold buckets in a timely fashion.
* Perform all clerical and secretarial services including typing, photocopying and mail sorting
* Assist in special projects as requested
* Attend department meetings
* Perform other duties as requested
* Maintain confidentiality of patient information per HIPAA
* High school Diploma or equivalent required
* Prior surgical scheduling experience within a hospital or medical practice preferred
* Strong computer skills especially with MS Office Suite
* The ability to successfully multitask projects is required
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024433