Administrative Assistant - HFH Anesthesiology
SMG - Methuen Area
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director & Operations Coordinator, the administrative assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient and effective day-to-day functioning of department. Adheres to the highest standards of professional values and work ethic, while furthering the company mission. He/she upholds confidentiality toward patient/families, colleagues, sensitive situations arising within the department as a whole.
* Proactively manage a complex calendar of internal meetings, external meetings, and events with utmost attention to accuracy and timeliness
* Responsible for bi-weekly payroll for department physicians and CRNAs across SMG
* Will work with both SMG and our outside billing vendor to ensure that they receive all of our documentation and billing information
* Prepare and send files to be stored at outside facility and maintain storage records
* Answer department phones in a customer friendly and welcoming manner per the policy of Steward Medical Group
* Perform all clerical and secretarial services including typing, photocopying and mail sorting
* Assist in special projects as requested
* Attend department meetings
* Perform other duties as requested
* Maintain confidentiality of patient information per HIPAA
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Proficient with of a variety of software programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* The ability to successfully multitask projects is required
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Well-developed communication and personal relations skills with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, and the general public with empathy, sincerity, and a sense of caring
* Highly organized and able to effectively manage a number of tasks simultaneously
* Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
* Ability to prioritize and manage several projects with demanding workloads.
* Ability to work independently
* Proven ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 53497