Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the administrative assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient and effective day–to-day functioning of department. Adheres to the highest standards of professional values and work ethic, while furthering the company mission. He/she upholds confidentiality toward patient/families, colleagues, sensitive situations arising within the department as a whole.
- Proactively manage a complex calendar of internal meetings, external meetings, and events with utmost attention to accuracy and timeliness
- CGM Billing, Out Patient Billing, CCM Billing
- Referrals for department Doctors
- Payroll requests for moonlighters
- Answer department phones in a customer friendly and welcoming manner per the policy of Steward Medical Group
- Perform all clerical and secretarial services including typing, photocopying and mail sorting
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Attend department meetings
- Perform other duties as requested
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information per HIPAA
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with of a variety of software programs including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- The ability to successfully multitask projects is required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Well-developed communication and personal relations skills with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, and the general public with empathy, sincerity, and a sense of caring
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects with demanding workloads.
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.