SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMC SEM Vascular Surgery
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Summary: This position serves as Administrative Assistant to the Division of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery and Vascular Surgery Vascular Lab at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center.
· Provide clerical, project and administrative support to all of the clinical staff and practice manager to effectively carry out the operations of the division, including but not limited to: referral management, check in patients, collect co-pay, claim/denial management, facility billing and denial reports, sending out vascular lab reports
· Manage the flow of information and resources within the division and contributes to the completion of assigned projects within the division.
· Receives and handles calls to schedule patients at offsite clinics
· Monitors surgeons calendars and tracks surgeries in Athena Collector
· Receives visitors, staff, patients and callers. Ascertains the nature of the business, and using independent judgment, resolves those issues personally, or if necessary, forwards the caller/visitor to the appropriate person.
· Handles all first level complaints or problems. Attempts to resolve administrative and operational problems independently. Forwards those issues which are not resolved to management and/or clinical staff.
· Assists with monthly clinic volume statistics, data entry, patient charge entry and reconciliation, QI projects, satisfaction surveys and marketing initiatives.
· Works collaboratively with Central Scheduling Staff. Calls to remind patients of appointments. Arranges for necessary referrals and orders from referring physicians and preregistration of patients prior to appointment.
· Maintains divisional files with confidentiality.
· Assists with monthly visit volume statistics.
· Monthly access time statistics.
· Monthly specialty sessions for clinical staff.
· Maintenance of daily MD's appointments regarding patients, physicians
· Responsible for processing monthly record keeping and updating of individual patients treatments.
· Responsible for accurate billing procedures.
· Organization and maintenance of patient charts, laboratory test results processing.
· Coordinates orientation to new medical students, fellows, and secretaries to the division.
· Coordinator for upkeep on various office supplies and equipment and exam room equipment.
· Minimum Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Minimum Experience: 5-10 years of administrative, clerical or secretarial experience
· Medical terminology, and transcription experience. Preference given to those with experience in vascular surgery or vascular medicine
· Knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and computerized medical lab system. Preference to those candidates with Athena and Meditech experience.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024272