- The Application Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, testing, documentation, training, report writing and daily user support in our IS Business Systems Department.
- Ability to interpret and develop project plans, functional/operational specifications, flowcharts, input and output specifications (including file structures and record layouts) and flowcharts.
- Determine and accommodate the impact of various system changes on users, automated or manual, troubleshoot various problems and respond to user department needs.
- Interact with all level of users throughout the organization to clarify and verify requirements at all stages of analysis, design, and implementation.
- Demonstrates solid applications knowledge of at least one software environment (ie. Application, language) and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Applies well-defined and disciplined implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Able to manage projects with limited scope.
- Able to work within defined project plans under the direction of a lead/senior analyst, program manager or applications manager utilizing recognized project management methodology
- Confers with the Project Management Office [PMO] hospital directors and directors involved with new system implementations and system upgrades to assist in finding solutions by reviewing and validating functional specifications, identifying resources and establishing a team to implement the solution
- Participates in the identification and resolution of basic application problems and procedures, suggesting solutions to identified problems.
- Uses software vendor tracking systems to report and monitor resolution of software irregularities and custom programming requests
- Responsible for routine communication to customers, department heads and project team members on issues, project status, software enhancements/fixes.
- Schedules department meetings, provides on-site training, troubleshooting and consulting.
- Responsible for responding to issues, questions and requests in a timely manner, related to information systems on the Steward Computer network.
- Assures timely resolution as defined by the ISD organization's customer service policy.
- Educates customers on future enhancements and functionality within the Steward supported HIS.
- Performs on-call duties and off hours support as required
- Develops training material and agendas.
- Conducts core group and end user training classes and/or presentations as required.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Steward policies and standards.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all administrative, financial and clinical data
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Must demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
· Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
· Ability to manage a small project and to prioritize and delegate accordingly
· Knowledge of PC applications, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Project, PowerPoint preferred
· Ability to facilitate and work within a complex, multi-site environment.
· Must possess strong teaching skills
· Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
· Excellent analytical, oral, and written skills
- Recommended: Bachelor's Degree in health related field or Information Systems.
- Minimum Experience: At least 2-5 years of related work experience and/or training.
- Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client server concepts.
- Minimum skills/abilities: Basic understanding of common software applications (ex. MS Office) required.
- Strong, demonstrable analytical/problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong teaching skills