Associate, Mergers & Acquisition
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
SMG is currently recruiting for a Mergers & Acquisitions Associate to join the M&A team. This individual will be responsible for financial analyses of new business opportunities, including but not limited to physician practice acquisitions, joint ventures, other related affiliations, organic initiatives and other ad hoc growth initiatives. The position has high exposure and has ability to influence strategic directions of the organization.
As a key member of the M&A team, the position will perform the following functions:
• Prepare financial analyses including:
o Business Plans including financial pro forma analyses
o Cash flow projections
o ROI / DCF models
• Perform analytics to test assumptions and assertions
• Research potential targets using various information sources
• Build a network of internal relationships in various departments across the company, including: operations, physician leadership, legal, finance, accounting and others
• Manage large amounts of complex due diligence documentation
• Conduct due diligence of target companies to validate earnings
• Coordinate with other aspects of the Finance organization (i.e., coordinate with FP&A for budgeting purposes)
• Bachelor's degree in business specialty
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Thorough understanding of accounting
• Detail-oriented with critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Strong communication skills