Summary: At the collegiate and professional level the Athletic Trainer (AT) would be responsible for practice and game coverage, with minimal travel, daily communication with orthopedic sports medicine department. 25-50% of the time on the field while the remaining time is spent between clinical and physicians extender environment as part of a comprehensive sports medicine team interested in learning new techniques and practicing evidence based medicine
• The AT will be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions regarding athletic injuries: prevention, assessment, treatment (including first aide) and reconditioning as set forth by the NATA Board of certification
• The AT will demonstrate proper taping, strapping, bracing, and fitting of athletic equipment
• The AT will carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team/program/event physician
• The AT will maintain NATA and CPR certification in accordance with those respective institutions
• The AT will cover assigned pre-season physicals, sports games or matches and related events under the supervision of the program manager
• The AT must demonstrate knowledge of the principals of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the athletes status and interpret the appropriate information
• Provide support in the orthopedic clinical/office setting as a valuable member of the sports medicine team
• Office setting responsibilities may include: escort patients to their rooms, take history, order x-rays for patients, answer phone calls and questions from voicemail for patients, assist doctor with injections and evaluations, write MRI and other test orders, enter new patient medical history, start patient’s office visit note for the MD, fill and refill prescriptions, fit braces, casting, suture/staple removal.
• The AT should be familiar with concussion assessment and provide concussion diagnosis and treatment.
• A strong background in Orthopedics and patient care with a health science background is preferred.
• NATA and CPR certification.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15413