Back Office Assistant
As a Back Office Assistant, you will provide billing expertise with the goal of accuracy with every encounter. A successful Back Office Assistant works to facilitate resolution of billing issues through attention to detail, problem solving initiative and a dedication to efficiency.
* Under general direction, performs creating encounters for each hospital charge given
* Identifies billing errors that prevent claims from being processed in the Electronic Billing System
* Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
* Provides feedback on issues impacting Billing production
* Meets productivity and quality standards as established by management
* Completes assigned training and education
* Requests medical records from outside facilities and scans supporting documentation in for hospital charges.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Previous Medicare billing experience and working knowledge of Medicare policies and procedures is required
* Knowledge of billing claim forms, co-payments, medical terminology
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong analytical and prioritization skills
* Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters and follow strict regulations or policies
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
* Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
* Ability to work in a team environment and independently
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 3+ years' experience with medical billing/collection; hospital billing experience preferred.
* Microsoft Office suite required; Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software.
* Cerner experience a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15172