Back Office Assistant
As a Back Office Assistant, you will provide billing expertise with the goal of accuracy with every encounter. A successful Back Office Assistant works to facilitate resolution of billing issues through attention to detail, problem solving initiative and a dedication to efficiency.
- Under general direction, performs creating encounters for each hospital charge given
- Identifies billing errors that prevent claims from being processed in the Electronic Billing System
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Provides feedback on issues impacting Billing production
- Meets productivity and quality standards as established by management
- Completes assigned training and education
- Requests medical records from outside facilities and scans supporting documentation in for hospital charges.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Previous Medicare billing experience and working knowledge of Medicare policies and procedures is required
- Knowledge of billing claim forms, co-payments, medical terminology
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters and follow strict regulations or policies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
MIMINUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- One year of medical billing/collection experience
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.