Biller (Neerukonda Clinic)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
As a Biller, you will process billing charges and claims with the goal of account accuracy and customer satisfaction with every encounter. A successful Biller works to facilitate resolution of claims through attention to detail, problem solving initiative and a dedication to provide efficient service for our patients.
- Posts charges into billing system within 24-48 hours and completes other billing functions under direction of supervisor
- Identifies possible billing errors that might prevent the claim from being processed on the insurance company level
- Able to understand and work Microsoft Excel and Word documents/ spreadsheets
- Able to follow specific job functions and follow direction
- Able to demonstrate a basic working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid processes
- Understands the importance of verification of patient coverage and demographic information
- Draws conclusions and corrects billing errors or other claim issues.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, HIPAA regulations and company policies
- Contributes to improvement of billing procedures and processes
- Escalates problem claims to management as required by circumstances
- Communicate effectively with clinic/administrative personnel, assigned coder and CLT-Team
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Demonstrated basic experience with medical billing, CPT and ICD-10 and HCPCS codes
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Demonstrated computer terminology with data entry software Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- One or more years billing or coding experience preferably in the medical field, insurance, banking, hospital medical office or other experience with extensive customer service contact
- Demonstrated experience with NextGen or McKesson error correction software
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, insurance billing and reimbursement, and coding
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2735