About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Biller.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain third party billing records, research and analyze delinquent third-party payer claims, resolution of problems such as reimbursement and then adjust and resubmit claims. Follow up on submitted claims and patient billing.
- Research and analyze delinquent third-party payer claims such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial and Non-commercial carriers; verify patient eligibility, adjust and submit claims as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries from patient/third-party payers; explain insurance coverage to patients, research problems, and correct errors by utilizing accurate ICD 9 and CPT codes.
- Maintain and update patient demographic information for proper billing to Insurance carriers as necessary.
- Follow up on submitted claims, monitor unpaid claim reports; initiate tracers; resubmit claims as necessary.
- Respond to all inquiries from third-party payers in a timely manner. Respond to inquiries from individual insurance carriers (Commercial and Non-commercial) as well as patient calls with specific insurance questions.
- Post and initiate corrective action for all rejections from checks as well as correspondence from different insurance carriers.
- High School diploma required.
- Knowledge in third-party medical billing with 2 years’ experience in specialty services preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of third-party billing, ICD 10 and CPT codes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high level of organizational skills; self-motivated; strong problem solving skills; the ability to exercise independent judgment based upon established policies, protocols, or practices
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 122548