Business Intelligence Developer - PPSC Billing Center Admin
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area - Revenue Mgmt.
PPSC Billing Center Admin
Bachelor's degree is required.
3-5 years experience is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Business Analytics team within Revenue Operations and Finance has an opportunity for a BI Developer. Working with our Qlik Visualization expert, the Developer will help turn our financial and operational data into engaging visualization and stories. The ideal candidate not only understands the technical side of business intelligence platforms, but is also experienced with taking business questions and requests, understanding how that relates to data, and delivering an engaging story back to the business - all while understanding the different visualization tools available. This candidate understands healthcare industry data and best practices related to presentation of that data.
As SMG continues to expand its use of BI tools to drive effective decision making, a plan to roll out an intuitive UI and development of UI standards to ensure seamless access to data will be required. The BI Developer will play a significant role in that process.
The BI Developer will interact with SMG systems analysts and business analysts. They will know how to manage projects and mentor other team members. The BI Developer will partner with our Business Analysts to ensure high caliber requirements and configuration documentation is complete and available.
* Responsible for gathering requirements from users, overseeing development, performing unit and QA test, assisting users with UAT and rolling out to production.
* Collaborate with data engineers, business analysts and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
* Demonstrate ability to know and understand the audience and the information the audience needs.
* Demonstrate ability to reduce data to only the bare minimum of what is needed to communicate a message.
* Identify and resolve dashboard related issues.
* Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, infrastructure needs, and design with internal partners and external clients.
* Assist in developing best practices for data sharing across the organization.
* Recommend approaches or tools to increase the effectiveness of this role.
* Create and maintain technical design documentation.
* Creative energy and a sense of humor
* Collaborative spirit, contributes to team dynamic.
* Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal.
* Ability to anticipate how to successfully enable end users to consume and comprehend complex data sets.
* BA in a relevant discipline with strong academic record.
* 5+ years of total experience with Business Intelligence, data/financial analysis, and design
* 3+ years of healthcare industry knowledge.
* Experience with Qlik preferred, knowledge of other BI tools, ie Tableau and Power BI a plus.
* Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their data models and ETL workflow and tools.
* Experience with SQL development.
* Strong knowledge of Qlik server architecture and building QVD's and QVW's.
* Hands on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced development in Qlik.
* Proven documentation and organizational skills
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 54460