Call Center Agent- Remote/Hybrid
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
The SMG Primary Care Call Center Agent will work with a team to support patients with scheduling appointments, processing referrals, preparing prescription refills, and obtaining basic clinical information. This position will also be responsible for appointment reminder calls, pre-visit planning, and rescheduling appointments as needed.
The Call Center Agent position has the option of being in-person, hybrid or fully remote.
- Answer incoming patient telephone calls and obtain necessary and required information from the patient to process the call
- Follow SMG Best Practices by following pre-visit planning protocols to confirm patient insurance eligibility and contacting patients with upcoming appointments that have not confirmed through other means
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination
- Obtain post hospital and transitional care patient lists and proactively schedule these patients per protocol to be seen by their primary care provider (preferably within three to five days) or one to two weeks (minimally)
- Proactively schedule Medicare Annual Wellness patients as openings become available
- Assist in chronic care management for telephonic appointments with advanced practitioners
- High School Diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
- Call Center experience in a health care setting preferred
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, insurance products, and coordination of benefits
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, to bring issues effectively to a resolution
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 128687