Call Center Agent
The SMG Primary Care Call Center Agent will appropriately gather information from patients in order to schedule appointments, process referrals, prepare prescription refills, and take basic clinical information. This position will also perform other duties as required by the manager with regards to appointment reminder calls, pre-visit planning, and rescheduling appointments as required.
- Answer patient telephone calls coming into the Primary Care Call Center using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient in order to process the call.
- Call Center Agents will determine the patient’s primary reason for calling:
- If the patient requires an appointment, every effort is made for the patient to be seen that same day if possible, for an acute medical issue.
- If not able to be seen same day due to patient preference or due to provider limitations, every effort is made to have the patient seen as soon as possible by another MD or advanced practitioner in the practice.
- In the case of an extenuating circumstance or if the patient is traveling and cannot come in to the office setting, that patient’s interaction would be forwarded directly to the primary care office for further triage.
- If the provider, associated advanced practitioner, or other coverage for the practice that the primary care provider is associated with are not able to accommodate the patient, other practice locations will be offered in order to have the patient gain access to care.
- Have knowledge of each practice and providers schedule and scheduling preferences.
- Follow SMG Best Practices by following pre-visit planning protocols to confirm patient insurance eligibility and contacting patients with upcoming appointments that have not confirmed through other means.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination.
- Obtain post hospital and transitional care patient lists and proactively schedule these patients per protocol to be seen by their primary care provider (preferably within three to five days) or one to two weeks (minimally).
- Maintain an updated list for each provider of Medicare Annual Wellness patients and proactively schedule patients as openings become available.
- Assist in chronic care management as needed and/or requested for telephonic appointments with advanced practitioners.
- Provide patients with World Class service.
- Act in a professional manner and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5632