Call Center Agent
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
This is the time to join Steward Medical Group (SMG) as we are growing! Primary Care Call Center Agents are critical to our successful growth since you are the first connection with the patient to appropriately gather information to schedule appointments, process referrals, prepare prescription refills, and take basic clinical information. As a Primary Care Call Center Agent, you will also perform other duties as required by the manager regarding appointment reminder calls, pre-visit planning, and rescheduling appointments as required. When you join this department, you will receive extensive training to be successful in this position, as well as, acquire skills that will allow you to advance and grow within our organization through hard work and dedication.
- Answer patient telephone calls coming into the Primary Care Call Center using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient to process the call including determining the primary reason the patient is calling:
- If the patient requires an appointment, every effort is made for the patient to be seen that same day if possible, for an acute medical issue.
- If not able to be seen same day due to patient preference or due to provider limitations, every effort is made to have the patient seen as soon as possible by another MD or advanced practitioner in the practice
- In the case of an extenuating circumstance or if the patient is traveling and cannot come into the office setting, that patient’s interaction would be forwarded directly to the primary care office for further triage
- If the provider, associated advanced practitioner, or other coverage for the practice that the primary care provider is associated with are not able to accommodate the patient, other practice locations will be offered in order to have the patient gain access to care
- The Call Center Agent will have a complete knowledge of each practice and the providers schedule and scheduling preferences.
- Interact with practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and schedule coordination
- Evaluate the patient situation and escalate the issue to the practice as needed
- Follow SMG Best Practices by following pre-visit planning protocols to confirm patient insurance eligibility and contacting patients with upcoming appointments that have not confirmed through other means
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Obtain post hospital and transitional care patient lists and proactively schedule those patients to be seen by their primary care provider within required timeline
- Maintain an updated list for each provider of Medicare Annual Wellness patients and proactively schedule patients as openings become available
- Assist in chronic care management as needed and/or requested for telephonic appointments with advanced practitioners
- Provide outstanding customer service and display professionalism when communicating with patients, co-workers, and leadership
- High School Diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
- Call Center experience in a health care setting or Medical Secretary experience preferred
- athena and Meditech (EMR) experience preferred
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, insurance products, and coordination of benefits required
- Independently complete responsibilities and tasks assigned to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, to bring issues effectively to a resolution
- Experience with MS Office Suite required
- Must have strong multi-tasking and time management experience
- Demonstrated strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Must maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor during stressful situations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.