Inbound Call Center Agent | 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (M-F)
Steward Medical Group has a great opportunity for Call Center Agent to join our growing team. This inbound call center position supports our practices by but not limited to scheduling appointments, processing referrals, preparing prescription refills, and take basic clinical information. We are located at 2375 N. Glenville Drive, Richardson, TX 7508.
- Schedule: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent – required
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook - required
- Experience as a Medical Secretary - preferred
- Athena or Meditech experience - preferred
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, insurance products, and coordination of benefits - preferred
Benefits of Working for Steward Medical Group:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday time off
- 401(K) retirement saving plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and long-term disability
- Competitive and affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
About The Role:
The SMG Primary Care Call Center Agent will appropriately gather information from patients in order to schedule appointments, process referrals, prepare prescription refills, and take basic clinical information. This position will also perform other duties as required by the manager with regards to appointment reminder calls, pre-visit planning, and rescheduling appointments as required.
- Answer patient telephone calls coming into the Primary Care Call Center using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient in order to process the call
- Call Center Agents will determine the patient’s primary reason for calling:
- If the patient requires an appointment, every effort is made for the patient to be seen that same day if possible, for an acute medical issue.
- If not able to be seen same day due to patient preference or due to provider limitations, every effort is made to have the patient seen as soon as possible by another MD or advanced practitioner in the practice
- In the case of an extenuating circumstance or if the patient is traveling and cannot come into the office setting, that patient’s interaction would be forwarded directly to the primary care office for further triage
- If the provider, associated advanced practitioner, or other coverage for the practice that the primary care provider is associated with are not able to accommodate the patient, other practice locations will be offered in order to have the patient gain access to care
- Have knowledge of each practice and providers schedule and scheduling preferences
- Follow SMG Best Practices by following pre-visit planning protocols to confirm patient insurance eligibility and contacting patients with upcoming appointments that have not confirmed through other means
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination
- Obtain post hospital and transitional care patient lists and proactively schedule these patients per protocol to be seen by their primary care provider (preferably within three to five days) or one to two weeks (minimally)
- Maintain an updated list for each provider of Medicare Annual Wellness patients and proactively schedule patients as openings become available
- Assist in chronic care management as needed and/or requested for telephonic appointments with advanced practitioners
- Provide patients with World Class service
- Act in a professional manner and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect always
- Maintains a positive work environment
- Other duties as assigned
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.