Cardiac Echo Tech
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a dedicated, professional Cardio Echo Technician to perform expert studies on our patients. The successful candidate will:
- Under the direction of a cardiologist, performs and initially interprets Cardiac Echo Studies including Two-Dimensional Echo, Doppler, and Contrast Studies.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, peers, technologists, and other health care professionals.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Prepare patients for Echo.
- Maintain daily activities log and monthly statistics.
- Communicate with cardiologists, primary care physicians and other Steward Medical Group departments to facilitate delivery of services.
- Providesreferring physicians with preliminary interpretation and delivers all study results to physicians for formal interpretation.
- Use and maintain all cardiac ultrasound equipment.
- Inform physicians of abnormal study results which may require immediate response (under direction of cardiologists).
- File and send Echocardiogram reports to proper patient records and referring physicians. When necessary telephones results to physicians.
- Take necessary steps to ensure patient safety and comfort.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented with strong multi-task abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including customer service skills.
- Ability to operate equipment and provide accurate preliminary interpretation of test results.
- Ability to maintain the safety, integrity and comfort of the patients at all times.
- Certification/Licensure: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer required.
- Experience: Five (5) or more years working experience performing Echocardiograms preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 6870