Cardiac Echo Tech
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Cardiac Sonographer to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for performing sonographic procedures to assist in the diagnosis of disease.
- Conduct self as a positive role model and team member.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ultrasound procedures as prescribed by a physician including: Position patients for the proper view of the affected area; select the appropriate scan images to be recorded on film;
- Obtain essential information from patients, medical records and previous scans for clinical correlation; instruct patients about the proper physiological requirements for the procedure; help patient transfer to sono exam table and ensures adequate patient immobilization to perform the scan; know how to change scanning parameters to improve a scan; obtains diagnostic sonographic images by scanning the appropriate body part of the patient with the scan head; develops the film; submit diagnostic ultrasound exam to physician for interpretation; operate portable sonographic equipment throughout hospital including operating room; assists physicians with ultrasound guided biopsy procedures.
- Assist in performing life-saving techniques (CPR, first aid) to the patient if necessary.
- Practice sterile technique and prevents cross contamination. Handle blood and body fluids and deals with infectious patients.
- Perform patient care tasks as appropriate; e.g., assists with bedpans, emesis basins, etc.
- Request charts and film folders from the on-line computer program.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology. 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience.
- ARRT Certification(Radiography)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma; Graduation from an ultrasound school preferred or on-the-job training.
- Minimum one or more years experience and/or training with graduate sonographer.
- RDMS registered or registry eligible;
- CPR certificate maintained.
- Knowledge of ultrasound exam policies, protocols.
- Knowledge of operating PC and accessing applicable programs. Skill in production of sonograms meeting physician expectations. Skill in obtaining information via computer. Ability to effectively care for patients and families across all points of the adult/adolescent continuum including physiological care, psychosocial care, education, safety and appropriate criteria. Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with interdepartmental personnel. Ability to rotate taking call nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 8349