Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 4/14/2021
Under the direction of a cardiologist, performs and initially interprets Cardiac Echo Studies including Two-Dimensional Echo, Doppler, and Contrast Studies. Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, peers, technologists, and other health care professionals.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Prepares patients for Echo.
- Maintain safe and clean environment for patients and staff.
- Maintains monthly statistics.
- Communicates with cardiologists, primary care physicians and other Steward Medical Group departments to facilitate delivery of services.
- Provides referring physicians with preliminary interpretation and delivers all study results to physicians for formal interpretation.
- Supports medical practice initiatives for performance improvement.
- Maintains daily activities log.
- Uses and maintains all cardiac ultrasound equipment.
- Informs physicians of abnormal study results which may require immediate response (under direction of cardiologists).
- Files and sends Echocardiogram reports to proper patient records and referring physicians. When necessary telephones results to physicians.
- Takes necessary steps to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonogrpaher is required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented with strong multi-task abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including customer service skills.
- Ability to operate equipment and provide accurate preliminary interpretation of test results.
- Ability to maintain the safety, integrity and comfort of the patients at all times.
- Ability to follow all department policies and procedures including infection control policies and procedures.
- Experience : Five (5) or more years working experience performing Echocardiograms preferred
- Certification/Licensure: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer.