Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery at Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA, is seeking a full-time, licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for a non-operative position. The Center was transformed with the arrival of Dr. Arvind Agnihotri as Chief and is in a period of rapid growth. The service performs a wide range of cardiac surgery, including minimally invasive, robotic, and trans-catheter valve replacement.
No cardiac surgery job in Boston provides a greater opportunity to be involved in all aspects of patient care. Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners play a pivotal role on this service. The NP/PA team covers all aspects of pre and post-operative care, including ICU management.
- Responsibilities include independently rounding with the team, caring for post-operative patients in the ICU and floor, admitting transfers from outside facilities and the emergency department, seeing consultations
- Proficiency in ICU bedside procedures such as central lines, Swan Ganz catheter placement, arterial lines
- Proficiency in ICU vasoactive medications and ventilator management
- We are seeking candidates with a background in cardiac surgery or critical care
- Newly graduated PAs must have completed either a cardiac surgery rotation or a surgical critical care rotation to be considered
- NP applicants must have cardiac surgery ICU experience as an RN or NP
- Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant Program or MSN degree
- Massachusetts Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License
- NCCPA Board Certified or Board Eligible
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certified
Job Reference #: 12465