Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
The Steward Center for Advanced Cardiac Surgery at Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA, is seeking a full-time, licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for a non-operative position. The Center was transformed with the arrival of Dr. Arvind Agnihotri as Chief and is in a period of rapid growth. The service performs a wide range of cardiac surgery, including minimally invasive, robotic, and trans-catheter valve replacement.
No cardiac surgery job in Boston provides a greater opportunity to be involved in all aspects of patient care. Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners play a pivotal role on this service. The NP/PA team covers all aspects of pre and post-operative care, including ICU management.
- Responsibilities include independently rounding with the team, caring for post-operative patients in the ICU and floor, admitting transfers from outside facilities and the emergency department, seeing consultations
- Proficiency in ICU bedside procedures such as central lines, Swan Ganz catheter placement, arterial lines
- Proficiency in ICU vasoactive medications and ventilator management
· We are seeking candidates with a background in cardiac surgery or critical care
· Newly graduated PAs must have completed either a cardiac surgery rotation or a surgical critical care rotation to be considered
· NP applicants must have cardiac surgery ICU experience as an RN or NP
· Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant Program or MSN degree
· Massachusetts Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License
· NCCPA Board Certified or Board Eligible
· BLS Certified
· ACLS Certified
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12464