Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant
Cardiac Surgery at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center has been ranked #1 in the state of Massachusetts. Responsibilities for the Physician Assistant joining the team include assessing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating health care to patients in an office setting and at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center and includes some first call responsibility.
Responsibilities in the office include:
- Perform consults on new and established patients.
- Functions independently and collaboratively to perform history and physical for acute, critical patients.
- Performing diagnostic tests and screening evaluations.
- Help to organize clinical protocols for the practice
- Prescribing medications.
- Reviewing diagnostic results
- Responding to patient inquiries
- Office procedures commensurate with experience and comfort
Responsibilities in the Hospital include:
The PA will perform detailed histories and physical exams, review patients medical records, order laboratories studies, radiological and diagnostic studies. Record appropriate and accurate daily progress notes. The PA will provide patients and families with pre-operative and other pertinent education. They will answer questions regarding surgery, recovery and risk factor modification, procedures. The PA will arrange for hospital admission and discharge at the direction of the supervising physician. In addition, the PA will:
- Provide assistance in the operating room
- Independently perform routine CT procedures on the floors and in the emergency room commensurate with experience and comfort level.
- Responsible for providing firstcall coverage from home on a basis to be determined by supervising physician.
- Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all urology patients.
- Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
- Order appropriate medications as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Order diagnostic tests per as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician or designee.
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
- Abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the supervising physician.
- MA license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- DEA / MA Control Substance licensure
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Cardiac experience in a surgical program preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.