Cardiology Nurse Coordinator
- Ability to lead exercise sessions at Phase II, III, and IV levels (Cardiac Rehab) as well as adult fitness classes.
- Ability to assess patient’s for change in condition and communicate with MD effectively.
- Ability to use glucometer and analyze results and act according to glucose policy.
- Ability to read ECG rhythm’s, recognizes changes from baseline and communicates with MD.
- Ability to perform ACLS and call 911 in an emergency situation.
- Ability to perform assessment skill required for a patient intake in to Cardiac Rehab program.
- Teaches patients about their condition and reinforces medication schedule and teaching.
- Incorporates evidence-based knowledge into decisions for the provision of safe patient care, and participates in the planning and provision of safety-related education with age-specific consideration.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the financial implications of materials, equipment and human resources. Participates in and has knowledge of budgetary process. Implements cost containment measures. Communicates budget considerations and provides feedback to staff members, physicians, and administrators as needed. Helps with the utilization of supplies in a judicious, cost-effective manner. Participates in purchasing decisions to achieve quality, cost-effective outcomes. Collaborates with Cardiac Rehab Staff to monitor daily case schedule.
- Seek experience to maintain skills and competency necessary to practice in specialty service.
- Participates in data collection and research related to the Cardiac Rehab Program.
- Incorporates current research, national guidelines, standards, and evidence-based practices to develop advanced clinical knowledge and improve Cardiac Rehabs performance.
- Assists with facilitating staff compliance with organizational policies, accreditation standards, governmental regulations, and professional standards of care.
- Demonstrates effective communication with members of the Cardiac Rehab team and other stakeholders within and outside the Steward Medical Group.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a BSN from an accredited nursing school.
- 3-6 years acute care or Cardiac Rehab Program
- ACLS/BLS required BSN required
- Basic computer skills required. Athena, Meditech skills recommended.
- Demonstrates, professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems to meet desired outcomes
- Able to communicate effectively
- Manual dexterity to perform job function
- Shall be accountable for maintaining patient confidentiality and security for all patient-related data and information
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work in close proximity with all members of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Staff.
- Ability to take directions from others and work well in a group.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.