Care Coordinator Assistant
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Care Coordinator Assistant is responsible for care coordination for members who require a comprehensive approach to immediate and/or ongoing care of their complicated and/or catastrophic medical illness. The Care Coordinator Assistant receives direction from the Care Coordinator as to their specific job duties on a daily basis. They document interactions with and on behalf of the member throughout service delivery including, but not limited to: care plans, progress notes, correspondences, and authorizations.
- Identify patients who have had a recent transition of care and assist with follow up and discharge and/or further access to care needs.
- Contacts patients to make follow up appointments for Wellness visits and other follow up care. Manages other lists of patients that need to be contacted for visits within the clinics.
- Document the various quality measures (HEDIS, CQMs, Core Measures, etc.) that are missing for that patient’s medical condition or age at the direction of the Care Coordinator.
- Assists in identifying members through the reports from the health plans regarding those patients that are high utilizers of ERs or Urgent Care Centers and identify ways to decrease inappropriate utilization.
- Provide supportive services to patients when scheduling appointments and transportation.
- Consult Case and/or Disease Manager with the payer if the patient is in need of ongoing care coordination, at the direction of the primary care provider.
- Help ensure that gaps in care, service and data collection are addressed.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High school, GED equivalent
- Clinical background
- One to three years’ in a managed care (may accept clinic experience as a case manager)
- Three to five years’ experience interfacing with patients on care needs
- Undergraduate degree
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5648