Care Coordinator - RN - Steward Medical Group
Reporting to the Director of Practice Management, this position will coordinate for Steward Medical Group quality plans. In addition this position will review and establish clinical care guidelines for all Steward Medical group offices in conjunction with the Practice Manager and Physician.
- Effectively manages the patient population with special attention to detail while providing support, triage and resolution of any issues.
- Serves as a facilitator to providers for resolution of provider concerns, complaints and grievances.
- Participates in the developmental and quality training programs.
- Identifies and coordinates individual care needs based on assessment outcomes.
- Communicates program parameters with providers and patients.
- Establishes care needs and goals based on individual care requirements.
- Reviews and develops clinical policies and procedures for physician offices.
- Communicates with physicians, patients and family members regarding care plans, goals and expected outcomes and monitoring clinical and functional status.
- Instructs patients telephonically in Disease Management Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Requires five years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility. Experience with Case Management principles preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to Nursing.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and work with graphics.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2c147919-5e30-4061-82cb-b00e8edee59e