Cash Operations Support Specialist
About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position is responsible for the overall support of the Cash ops teams. Provides administrative support as well as completes special projects and other functions as assigned.
• Responsible for reviewing Athena correspondence daily and distributing to SMG practices, AR specialists or other internal departments.
• Pulls and Uploads remittances into billing systems such as Athena.
• Works on special projects as needed to help support cash operations department.
• Provide clerical support including assistance with correspondence memos, scheduling, faxes and returned mail.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
• Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
• Highly detail oriented and well organized; ability to multitask.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent time management skills
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Motivated; Self starter
I. Education: High School diploma or GED
II. Experience (Type & Length): At least 3 years’ related experience.
III. Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office