Certified Nursing Assistant
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary and ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; and providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; and applying restraints.
- Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine and recording intake and output information.
- Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients’ call lights and requests; and reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping patient information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures; federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, and maintaining licensure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Knowledge of relevant nursing care
- Friendly and professional bedside manner
- Multi-tasking skills
- Effective oral, written, and reading communication skills
- Understands legal implications of patient care
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduate from a Nursing Assistant School
- Two (2) years of nursing assistant experience
- Registered as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Current BLS/CPR certification
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.