Clerk (Unit Clerk)
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer the phone timely in the Pod, checks voicemail and returns patient call within two hours.
- Assigns all telephone templates to provider through workflow-refraining from printing telephone messages for provider follow up.
- Ensures medication module is updated with every medication.
- Documents refill of any medication that is habituating not only on the medication module but also on the pain management template
- Documents all conversations with physician regarding patient in the EMR .
- Mails cards on normal labs, providing any necessary explanation on the cards.
- Follow-up with patients as directed regarding test results and medication changes, consistently documenting the follow up when completed in the EMR.
- Follow-up with physician on documents associated with the patient e.g., death certificates, federal and state paperwork, workers compensation forms etc.
- Ensure patient test results are review and signed by provider.
- Must have a high school degree or general equivalence degree.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant Program (Preferred)
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a physician's practice or
- Medical Assistant or Unit Secretary certification (Preferred).
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled