Clinical Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
*This position will be located in Norwood, but will require some travel to Wrentham and Needham offices.*
Under the supervision of a physician:
• Physical assessment on all booked and add-on patients.
• Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
• Order appropriate medications as determined by you and the supervising physician.
• Order diagnostic tests as determined for the patient.
• Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician.
• Evaluate and monitor quality measurements as indicated by Steward Health Care Network in accordance to the supervising physicians guidelines.
• Evaluate specific minor illness and injury of patients as defined by approved medical protocols.
• Collaborate with health care professionals in the planning, implementation and coordination of health teaching and counseling of the patient, family or patient representative. Document patient level of understanding.
• In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, the NP communicates the plan of care with all referring providers, MD of record, as well as the patient and her family. Keep all referrals in the Steward network and speak to supervising MD if unable.
• The NP shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
• The NP shall abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
• Other duties as required.
• Graduation from and accredited NP program
• Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
• Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
• Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills for working with patients, families, and other staff
• Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
• Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
• Ability to complete forms and other paperwork appropriately in a timely manner