Clinical Nurse Practitioner
Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 5/28/2021
This position is responsible for providing Nurse Practitioner services in the Psychiatry Department at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center.
- Perform medical consults on all new admissions within twenty-four hours.
- Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all Psychiatry patients.
- Respond to nursing staff concerning medical issues.
- Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
- Orders appropriate medications per his/her expertise as determined by the supervising physician
- Order simple diagnostic tests per his/her level of expertise as determined by the supervising physician
- Responds appropriately during unexpected events, codes, medical emergencies (i.e., seizures). Defibrillation can be done provided there is documentation of annual training (ACLS Certification).
- Order safety restraints, when appropriate.
- Collaborates with health care professionals in the planning, implementation and coordination of health teaching and counseling of the patient, family or patient representative. Documents patient level of understanding.
- The NP/PA will report patient status changes, progress, and issues to the treating attending of record and to referring physicians as required and maintain communication as needed to meet patient and services needs.
- In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, the NP communicates the plan of care with all referring providers, MD of record, as well as the patient and her family.
- May be responsible for providing on-call coverage via telephone.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary care team to facilitate a comprehensive plan of care and coordination of resources. May also be responsible for coordination with other clinical staff, nurses, other physicians involved in the care of patients
- Maintain a safe working environment to include radiation safety/appropriate personal protection attire.
- Communicate effectively with peers, managers, ancillary departments and other customers
- The NP shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
- The NP shall abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required
- Graduation from an accredited NP program
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Two years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Must meet all requirements to be admitted to the Medical Staff
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills for working with patients, families, and other staff
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
- Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
- Knowledge of medical terminology and critical care operations
- Computer skills versatile enough to work on multiple platforms
- Ability to work in tandem with other Advanced Practitioners and Physicians