Clinical Practice Manager
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Clinical Practice Manager is an integral part of the hospitalist team and will work closely with the Hospitalist Director to assist with quality and process improvement initiatives for the Hospitalist program and assist with day to day operations of the practice.
The Clinical Practice Manager role will assist with the progression of care for our patients. From admission to discharge, the Clinical Practice Manager will help with workflows, and help disseminate crucial information among the team member to ensure that our patients plan of care moves forward throughout their hospital stay. This role with also be you will also be instrumental in making sure that our patients care is properly coordinated at time of discharge. Although this role does not involve direct patient care, your work with our providers is important to the success of our practice and care of our patients.
• Assist the Hospitalist Director with the daily clinical operations of the team (addressing ED boarders, early discharges, LOS, staffing, etc)
• Prioritizing high risk discharges and conducting post-discharge phone calls to reduce readmissions
• Functions as a bridge between Hospitalist, Case Managers and Social Workers in identifying barriers and facilitating discharges
• Assist with complex scheduling for providers. This task involves contacting providers to obtain availability to work shifts, developing creative staffing solutions to cover gaps in coverage and manage moving pieces to ensure consistent and accurate coverage.
• New Providing On-boarding which includes: overseeing processes with Physician Services, Provider Enrollment and the Medical Staff Offices, coordinating, departmental and clinical orientations and ensuring new Providers have all the tools they need to be successful member of the Hospitalist team. Assist the Hospitalist Director with reporting and data analysis including but not limited to length of stay, billing timeliness and other quality metrics as requested by hospital administration.
• Assist the Hospitalist Director with developing department policy and procedure documents. And will also be responsible for problem-solving and troubleshooting of daily operational occurrences within the Hospitalist Program. Performs other duties as requested.
• Work with director on quality and process improvement initiatives, as well as report the team’s quality data to hospital leadership on a regular basis.
• Attend hospital based meetings as directed.
• Submits and tracks licensure and CME, payroll, etc
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong clinical knowledge in the acute care hospital setting preferred. Case management experience helpful
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a great attention to detail and accuracy in all you do.
• One will use discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality and conform to the Steward Confidentiality Policies
• Proficient in use of EMR’s, Microsoft Office & Excel
• RN licensure in good standing; BSN – preferred
• 3+ years of inpatient nursing experience
• 1-2 years of experience in a leadership position
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3559