Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Medical Coder with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Function for patient billing, includes reviewing and coding a variety of encounter forms generated from the Physicians sites.
- Accurately interpret and bill the Physicians charges for all contracted Insurance Carriers.
- Review and code medical records for purpose of reimbursement and researches the use of ICD-9 (diagnosis) and CPT (procedure) codes for services provided by physicians.
- Follow the facility’s standards for ethical business conduct.
- Have advanced knowledge of medical coding, billing systems, regulatory requirements and auditing concepts and principles.
- Able to organize data to illustrate results of billing compliance studies against claim denials.
- Able to assess provider compliance with billing regulations and define areas in which additional training is required to meet standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; high level administrative and organizational skills; self motivated / directed.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; ability to exercise independent judgment based upon established policies, protocol or practices.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based); or CPC (Certified Professional Coder).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9636