Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Medical Coder to work in our Billing Department. The successful candidate will:
- Provide daily direction and communication to Coding staff to ensure proper coding is efficient and effective for the data entry department. Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures.
- Interface with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and other Managers to ensure optimal reimbursement while adhering to regulations prohibiting unbundling and other questionable practices. Reviews and implements coding policies and procedures, obtain clarification of conflicting ambiguous or non-specific documentation.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals that support company and site standards, objectives, policies, strategic directives and operating procedures. Plans, organizes, and conducts individual and group provider in-service programs related to payor regulations, documentation and billing guidelines.
- Conduct quality control studies of coding and other aspects of billing, identifies and corrects problems; implements quality control audits. Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each employee. Write and administer performance reviews for skill improvement.
- Be available for employees that experience work problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
- Attends coding conferences, workshops, and in-house sessions to receive updated coding information and changes in coding and/or regulations.
- Research, analyze, and respond to inquires regarding compliance, inappropriate coding, denials, and billable services. Develops and implements systems to maintain records of compliance materials.
- Coordinates prospective and retrospective coding audits and reviews; identifies key risk areas and processing inadequacies; and takes appropriate preventive and/or remedial actions. Abstracts and modifies standard medical coding guidelines, procedures and issues training materials, as required.
- Insure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs develop additional skills. Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by staff. Create and maintain favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/ effectiveness
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote its aim and objectives.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve all the overall objectives of this position.
High School diploma plus 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Current Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based); or CPC (Certified Professional Coder).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17684