Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Certified Professional Coder with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Accurately interpret and bill the Physicians charges for all contracted Insurance Carriers.
- Review and code medical records for purpose of reimbursement and researches the use of ICD-9 (diagnosis) and CPT (procedure) codes for services provided by physicians.
- Interface with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and other Managers to ensure optimal reimbursement while adhering to regulations prohibiting unbundling and other questionable practices. Review and implement coding policies and procedures, obtain clarification of conflicting ambiguous or non-specific documentation.
- Research, analyze, and respond to inquires regarding compliance, inappropriate coding, denials, and billable services.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve all the overall objectives of this position.
- High School diploma; plus 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based); or CPC (Certified Professional Coder).
- Demonstrated coding (ICD-10 - CM and CPT) expertise.