CT Tech Lead
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional Lead CT Technologist to perform and initially interpret Cardiac Echo Studies including Two-Dimensional Echo, Doppler, and Contrast Studies. The successful candidate will:
1. Demonstrates competency in performing CT examinations. In doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning. Selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study. Provides documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
2. Explains the exam to the patient, taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient. Follows HIPAA standards to maintain patient privacy and disclosure of protected patient information.
3. Must be able to communicate calmly, compassionately, and professionally with all types of patients as well as associates. Use independent judgment in pressure situations to obtain the proper outcome.
4. Reviews radiology requisition for required information to perform examinations. Reviews
Requisition for discrepancies.
5. Demonstrates competency in performing IV venipuncture.
6. Prepares and administers contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statutes and department policy. Does so only after demonstrating an understanding of all precautions/contraindications and possible adverse effect associated with contrast administration.
7. Relies on knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and effects of disease processes to properly and safely scan the patient to obtain high quality images.
8. Shows ability to prioritize duties. Adjusts and revises workload as necessary in view of stat
orders, emergencies, walk-ins, and fluctuations in patient workload.
9. Maintains departmental records as required, including service reports, QA and statistics reports
10. Remains flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
11. Demonstrates competency in all RIS applications. Especially pertaining to patient exam
status and tracking. Edit any/all examinations in RIS prior to radiologist dictation.
12. May be called upon to oversee and instruct various personnel and students as assigned and
deemed necessary by the Imaging Supervisor
1. Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
2. 5 years of CT experience preferred.
3. ARRT Certification (Radiography)
4. ARRT Certification (CT)
5. Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
6. Current BLS certification
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress.
2. Must possess analytical abilities necessary to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of imaging processes, techniques, and procedures and cross-sectional anatomy.
3. Presents a positive attitude and a professional appearance in compliance with the dress code policy.
4. Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, patients while utilizing proper body mechanics.
5. Must be aware of hazards within the department and adhere to safety standards as stated by OSHA.
6. Maintains CPR certification and is capable of initiating emergency life support actions as necessary. Knows the location of all emergency drugs and supplies. Participates in the monitoring of emergency supplies including expiration dates.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers with unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.