- B.A. or B.S. degree in Nutrition or related field
- Must be a Registered Dietitian upon hire
- Must have a current Dietitian License
- Dietician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate Clinical Nutrition its programs and activities in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Conduct nutritional screening, assess nutritional status of patients, respond to consultations, make appropriate recommendations, and provide nutrition education for clients and families according to the standards of care using the Nutrition Care Process.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate nutrition for patients by initial RN screening or secondary RD screening. Provide nutrition education for postoperative care to patients, families, and clinical staff.
- Recommend appropriate feeding methods/formula or meal patterns based on identified patient needs and Physicians orders to increase patient’s level of comfort and sustain patient’s nutritional needs.
- Reviews the patient’s response to the diet and advises modification if necessary and able to recognize and respond to changes in patient condition and care needs.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents or dictates progress notes.
- Coordinates all patient dietary care needs with multidisciplinary team.
- Reviews and approves the therapeutic and normal diet of the patients to ensure that they are in compliance with Physician’s orders.
- Research is current on dietary information and shared to the appropriate Physicians and staff.
- Maintains appropriate standards of infection control, safety and quality in the provision of patient care. Adheres infection control policies 100% of the time.
- Able to respond appropriately to emergency patient care situations such as Code Blue, etc.
- Demonstrate involvement in departmental quality assessment performance improvement through data collection, committees, task forces and other PI projects and implement changes as needed.
- Budget for, manage and maintain appropriate nutrition formula relevant to the patient population. Demonstrates concern for efficiency and cost effectiveness in performance of assigned duties and conservation of the use of supplies and equipment.
- Completes all documentation required to support the services provided and meet organizational, clinical, and reimbursement requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality (i.e., patient information, computer passwords, etc.) and demonstrates protection of patient rights as evidenced by compliance with policies related to informed consent, ethical issues, use of restraints, abuse and neglect, and resolution of patient complaints.
- Accurately inputs written/electronic data into hospital systems.
- Works autonomously and independently while maintaining positive relationships with medical staff, nursing staff, ancillary staff and administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor/department director.
- Adheres to facility core values/mission/standards of practice.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7190