The Registered EEG technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care in the Neurophysiology Lab for stable patients and at the patient's bedside for critically ill patients. The EEG Technologist must perform standard and complex neurophysiological recordings on patient populations ranging from neonatal to adulthood and geriatrics.
- We are looking for a highly motivated Registered EEG Technologist to specialize in:
- Testing, Documentation, and Interpretation Requirements according to lab protocols and those established by ASET.
- Perform routine EEG's.
- Perform continuous video EEG monitoring at the bedside.
- Perform ambulatory EEG's.
- Set-up, troubleshoot and perform multiple technical procedures.
- Ability to multi-task between different applications at the same time.
- Record all montages.
- Perform activating procedures to demonstrate abnormalities in the EEG waveform.Document patient movements, clinical events, and other activities that may produce real or artifactual waveforms.
- Record all sensitivity and filter settings in record.
- Include all calibrations.
- Include all pertinent patient information on face sheet.
- Perform daily quality assurance for all patients undergoing inpatient continuous EEG monitoring to ensure adherence of electrodes to allow for artifact-free recording, accuracy of video camera placement, and participate in education to improve proper understanding by bedside and nursing staff of the need to document clinically relevant events.
- Include Technologists impression. Be able to make discriminating observations and communicate with physician.
- Include patient's billing information for physicians.
- Enter and result charges for each patient.
- Must provide initial and maintenance training with all equipment in the EEG laboratory (routine and continuous monitoring equipment) for new hires.
- Must perform monthly and annual quality assurance measures for the EEG lab and continuous EEG protocols.
- Must ensure that reports are entered into Meditech in a timely fashion in accordance with timelines established by the Program Director.
- Quality control, data collection and analysis
- Ability to collect specific data points and add to Microsoft Office application.
- Ability to analyze data sets and report on specific information collected for various studies or applications.
- Professional and personal presence
- Flexibility of changing environments.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and scheduling requirements.
- Professional demeanor and be able to appropriately interact and apply skills with patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric and be able to adapt to different needs of the patient.
- Ability to provide a high-level of customer service to meet standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s) in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Vocational or Technical training in Electrodiagnostic Technology required.
- Certification by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologist.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). May need to produce complex documents, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies and demonstrate for practical applications in varied situations.
- Education: Electro Neuro Diagnostic Program preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3-years
- Certification/Licensure: EEG Board Eligible, Certification by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologist (R EEG T). Preferred
- Software/Hardware: Meditech, Athena
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 68421