The Executive Director, Practice Management will provide leadership and oversight for SMG Directors across Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas to ensure that overall operational, financial, quality and service performance in the various physician practice markets/locations are operating smoothly. In addition, the Executive Director will play an important leadership role in creating and executing a strategic plan and identifying and implementing business development strategies to promote growth, improve quality and enhance practice performance. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Steward Medical Group, the incumbent will have support and autonomy to handle current challenges, and work with SMG Directors to recruit and grow the practices.
- Provide day to day management and mentorship to SMG Directors (5-6 FTEs) across Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas.
- Oversee the annual operating and capital budgets for markets/regions and partner with the COO, a Finance Analyst, and Budget Manager.
- Formulate long-term strategic plans and business development programs for operational needs.
- Evaluate practice efficiency including all personnel (physicians, clinical and administrative support staff) utilizing accepted quality measures, productivity standards, skill mix comparisons, and patient satisfaction survey data.
- Participate in physician recruitment activities, and contract negotiations, as needed.
- Collaborate with Physicians and clinical staff, to address and respond to patient care needs and issues.
- Implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service to patients.
- Participate on committees assigned by COO.
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team, and perform other duties as required by the position.
- Partners with hospital leadership teams as well as the regional hospital leadership team in order to execute strategic initiatives designed to support Steward Healthcare System goals and initiatives.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18960