Financial Business Analyst
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Financial Business Analyst is responsible for providing support in creating and maintaining business intelligence reports that enable the FP&A team to analyze financial data to support SMG's overall performance and strategic initiatives. Additionally, the Financial Business Analyst is responsible for helping to manage and budget for the Management Service Organization (MSO). The ideal candidate for this role is a deadline-driven person with strong communication skills who enjoys collaborating with others and working in a fast-paced, team environment. This person must also be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The Financial Business Analyst is a key member of SMG's corporate team is a significant contributor to achieving financial performance goals and will have exposure to SMG’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Produce accurate financial reports and provide timely analysis to meet monthly deadlines.
- Provide support in creating and maintaining business intelligence reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Partner with senior leadership to create annual operating budgets for the MSO.
- Work directly with senior leadership to analyze budget variances and track revenue and expense trends on a monthly basis.
- Leverage financial information in order to help with the development of financial models related to productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Responsible for communicating financial results effectively to the Senior Leadership Team and Practice Directors to aid in decision making.
- Maintain confidentiality of restricted records and communications.
- Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management, Science, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- 3 or more years of work experience, healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working with business intelligence and financial reporting.
- Experience working with and analyzing budgets.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- SQL exposure is a plus.
- Experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor (Axiom), Tableau, Qliksense, PowerBI, Meditech financial modules, Lawson, Kronos, VBA, or Athena are preferred but not required.Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Need to have strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve and trouble-shoot.
- Ability to understand financial concepts, with modeling experience is a plus.
- Confidentiality is required.