Financial Business Analyst
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Own financials for multiple markets; be the subject matter expert on market activity.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
- Partner with practice directors to create annual operating budgets, exercise critical thinking to identify variances to plan and determine solutions to those variances.
- Participate in monthly financial and strategic reviews with senior leadership and practice directors.
- Develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Drive productivity and efficiency through collaboration with practice directors to develop and publish both financial and operational dashboards.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Respond timely to emails and phone messages.
- Possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Perform various ad-hoc requests as required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management, Science, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- 2+ years of work experience required.
- Experience with financial reporting and analyzing budgets.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor (Axiom), Tableau, Meditech financial modules, Lawson, Kronos, VBA, or Athena are preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills are required. Must be able to present to senior leadership as needed.
- Ability to work with non-financial orientated business partners to convey results and elicit important strategic information.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus.
- Confidentiality is required.