Financial Business Systems Analyst - 8:30am-5:00pm
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
Bachelor's degree is required.
2-3 years experience preferred.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
As a part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, the Financial Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing support in creating and maintaining business intelligence reports that enables the FP&A team to analyze practice and provider financial statements to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Financial Business Analyst is a key member of SMG's corporate team, and is a significant contributor to achieving all of its financial performance goals
* Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
* Provide support in creating and maintaining business intelligence reports for the FP&A team.
* Update documentation and provide report training & troubleshooting support for the FP&A team.
* Work independently with minimal supervision.
* Communicate consistently, professionally and clearly.
* Partner with practice directors and senior leadership to create annual operating budgets.
* Partner with practice directors and senior leadership to analyze budget variances on a monthly basis.
* Work together with practice directors to develop and publish both financial and operational dashboards, productivity and efficiency reports.
* Respond timely to emails and phone messages within a 24 hour period.
* Utilize information to help develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
* Use tact, sensitivity and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, physicians, co-workers and others.
* Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Maintain confidentiality of restricted records and communications.
* Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
* Perform other duties as required for this job.
* Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and communication skills are required.
* Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus.
* Confidentiality is required.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, information systems, or business management.
* 3 or more years work experience, healthcare experience preferred but not required.
* Experience in working with business intelligence reporting tools.
* Experience in working with and analyzing budget variances.
* Advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Other Microsoft application experience is a plus.
* Experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor, Qliksense (or other BI tools like Power BI or Tableu a plus), Meditech financial modules or Athena not required, but very helpful.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100025707