Front Office Coordinator (SETMA)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents lives. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Ensures that patients are properly admitted to the facility in a timely, accurate and courteous manner to insure that the services and procedures performed by the providers can be accurately billed.
- Upon patient’s arrival, check patient into the facility utilizing the MicroMed Software.
- Ensure that all information in the computer system is accurate e.g., insurance verification, patient demographic verification, scan insurance cards etc.
- Create a visit fee ticket, place on red temporary chart or on patient actual chart if patient is seeing a specialist and place in designated location for; nursing use.
- Schedule follow-up visits as instructed by the Provider, making sure of timeframe for return visit.
- At the end of the day accurately post and balance money.
- Place all money collected for the day in a locked bank bag, balance cash box, and secure for evening pickup.
- Follow-up with physician on documents associated with the patient e.g., death certificates, federal and state paperwork, workers compensation forms, physical forms for various entities, etc. (Front Office participates in teamwork by giving forms to nurse who transfers data and calls the patient; when complete, then they are sent back to the front office for pickup.)
- Properly communicate with supervisor regarding staffing needs or staff availability.
- Answer front office phones.
- Complies with the facility privacy policies and procedures for the management of protected health information (PHI)
- Understands that ignoring situations where PHI may have been potentially compromised comes with legal ramifications to both the practice and myself.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to job position.
- Maintains computer skills to insure accuracy and efficiency in the performance of all data entry duties.
- Behavior toward coworkers, supervisors and patients consistently displays a courteous respectful attitude and promotes teamwork within the organization.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant / Medical Office Specialist program preferred
- One year experience in a medical office setting highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4534