Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner Per Diem
This is a per diem opportunity to work as a Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner who is responsible for the observation, intervention, and reporting as directed by the Hospitalist Physician.
• Assess the health status of individuals and families by obtaining health and medical history, performing physical exam, diagnosing health and developmental problems and caring for patients suffering from acute and chronic diseases by managing therapeutic regimes
• Refers for additional physician interventions, physical therapy, etc., after consulting with Physician Director or supervising physician
• Consults with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment, collaborates with physician in quality improvement/peer review activities.
• Orders appropriate medications per his/her expertise as determined by their supervising physician or their designee
• Order simple diagnostic tests per his/her level of expertise as determined by their supervising physician or their designee
• Initiates consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician or their designee.
• Evaluates specific minor illness and injury of patients as defined by approved medical protocols
• Collaborates with health care professionals in the planning, implementation and coordination of health teaching and counseling of the patient, family or patient representative. Documents patient level of understanding.
• Master's degree in Nursing is required
• Current licensure in Texas as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse is required
• Current CPR, ACLS/BLS certification is required
• APRN Certification is required
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.