Hospitalist Operations Coordinator
This position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Hospitalist Medicine at Steward Medical Group with the daily operations of all associated practices.
- Assists the Executive Director with the daily operations of Hospitalist programs
- Manages, tracks and corrects athena claims for all Hospitalist programs.
- Assists Executive Director with the complex scheduling of Providers for all shifts at multiple hospitals and enters schedule into Page Me system or other relevant scheduling system. This task involves contacting Providers to obtain availability to work shifts, developing creative staffing solutions to cover gaps in coverage and manage moving pieces to ensure consistent and accurate coverage.
- Responsible for creating a system and subsequently tracking all Hospitalist Provider licensure for MA license, Mass Controlled Substance and DEA. Sends Provider reminder emails at license renewal times. Sends primary source verification to Provider Enrollment and Medical Staff office as needed.
- Responsible for creating a system to reconcile billing and ensure billing timeliness.
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll including reviewing time entered into Kronos, tracking vacation request forms and entering vacation time, tracking different pay rates across different hospitals, updating payroll codes and forwarded completed payroll to Hospitalist Executive Director for final approval.
- Assisting with New Providing On-boarding which includes: overseeing processes with Physician Services, Provider Enrollment and the Medical Staff Offices, coordinating ,departmental and clinical orientations and ensuring new Providers have all the tools they need to be successful member of the Hospitalist team
- Orders supplies for the department.
- Participates in meetings as requested by the Executive Director and takes minutes as requested
- Assists the Hospitalist Executive Director with reporting and data analysis including but not limited to length of stay, billing timeliness and other quality metrics as requested by hospital administration.
- Develops Department policy and procedure documents.
- Responsible for problem-solving and trouble shooting of daily operational occurrences within the Hospitalist Program.
- Resource for answering operational questions about the program.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Steward Confidentiality Policies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business concentration or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of health-care operations experience, preferably in an inpatient setting
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10237