Human Resources Coordinator
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Human Resources Coordinator serves as the primary interface between Human Resources and operational/staff units, providing the highest levels of customer service to assigned clients. The Coordinator collaborates with employees, supervisors and managers across the full spectrum of HR issues, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources.
• Advises managers, supervisors, and staff regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
• Provides the highest standards of customer service and serves as the point of contact for all managers, supervisors and employees regarding HR issues.
• Analyzes a variety of data and composes appropriate reports for the HR department and management throughout SMG.
• Works with HRIS and Careers Help to ensure appropriate access for new managers/directors.
• Coordinates meetings with onboarding Advanced Practitioners to discuss employment benefits and assists with enrollment.
• Acts as the main point of contact for Physician HR onboarding
• Conducts phone screens for candidates as necessary and makes employment offers to candidates as requested by management.
• Ensures the availability and acquisition of appropriate talent in the right numbers, with the right skill mix, at the right time and place to meet ongoing organizational needs.
• Recommends changes to, suggests new development and/or elimination of policies, processes and practices as needed.
• Ensures full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and educates/coaches managers, supervisors, and staff regarding these requirements.
• Serves as the liaison between HR and other administrative departments within the organization.
• Conducts new hire orientations and ensures a thorough assimilation of each employee into their department and the organization.
• Seeks out professional development opportunities and continually upgrades HR technical expertise and consultative skills.
• Conducts training programs as necessary and serves on appropriate committees as requested by members of management or HR leadership.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent consultative and coaching skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a high pressure environment.
I. Education: Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
II. Experience: 1-2 years of HR generalist experience
III. Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite, Healthcaresource preferred but not required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6778