Human Resources Generalist
Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The HR Generalist consults and collaborates with employees, supervisors and managers and performs the full spectrum of HR issues, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources. The Generalist leverages a thorough knowledge and understanding of the entity’s mission and strategy to align HR initiatives and department objectives.
- Serves as a business partner to management within the full scope of Human Resources functions and advises managers, supervisors, and staff regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
- Provides the highest standards of customer service and serves as the point of contact for all client managers, supervisors and employees regarding HR issues.
- Analyzes a variety of data, composes appropriate reports for management and advises managers and supervisors in the development and implementation of action plans required based on data analysis.
- Follows department Recruiter Responsibilities to fill actively source, screen and fill positions.
- Advises HR staff regarding policies, processes and practices and recommends changes, new development, and/or elimination as needed.
- Ensures the availability and acquisition of appropriate talent in the right numbers, with the right skill mix, at the right time and place to meet ongoing organizational needs.
- Ensures full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and educates/coaches managers, supervisors, and staff regarding these requirements.
- Serves as the liaison between HR and other administrative departments within the organization.
Conducts new hire orientations and ensures a thorough assimilation of each employee into their department and the organization.
- Conducts training programs as necessary and serves on appropriate committees as requested by members of management or HR leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of HR Generalist experience strongly preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification a plus
- Must have excellent communication, consultative and coaching skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities within a high volume environment.
- Experience with Kronos (HRIS), Lawson (HRIS) and HealthercareSource (ATS) a plus
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.