Human Resources Manager (SMG)
Human Resources Manager (SMG)-1900855
Steward Health Care System (Steward), the largest privately owned hospital operator in the country, is comprised of 35 hospitals, a medical group practice, and a managed care company named Health Choice. Steward Health Care System employs more than 37,000 people across 10 states and serves approximately 3.1 million patients annually.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is a multi-specialty medical group practice with over 4,500 employees which includes over 1,500 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout the United States, including, but not limited to, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. The Eastern Division of SMG includes practices in both Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.
The Human Resources Manager will partner with the Director, Human Resources to plan, direct and manage the Steward Medical Group (SMG) Human Resources (HR) function to ensure the implementation of effective recruitment, employee relations, employee development, performance management, and employee retention programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides consultation and collaboration across the full spectrum of HR issues, providing feedback to and linkage with all functional components of Human Resources.
- Serves as a business partner to management within the full scope of Human Resources functions and advises directors, management and staff regarding HR policies, processes and practices.
- Conducts new hire orientations and ensures a thorough assimilation of each employee into their department and the organization.
- Develop and deliver training and education to SMG employees, specifically in the areas of information systems functionality, customer service, physician practice operations, patient experience and patient workflow. Will focus training in prioritized and systematic manner, using data to driver areas for focus/improvement
- Develop and maintain curricula, training modules and job aids to facilitate learning and performance and improve compliance in response to product training issues such as documentation or workflow;
- Partner with subject matter experts and sponsors to target training messaging, content and deliverables.
- Develop and implement SMG HR policies.
- Provide technical oversight of HR programs and systems to ensure compliance with corporate policies and federal, state and local laws.
- Analyzes a variety of data, composes appropriate reports for management and advises directors and managers in the development and implementation of action plans required based on data analysis.
- Advises directors, managers and staff regarding employee relations issues, recommends courses of action and ensures consistency and fairness in all resolutions.
- Human Resources Project Manager for practice acquisitions which includes attending weekly acquisition meetings and overseeing the HR onboarding of newly "acquired" employees.
- Manage the annual performance evaluation process. Train managers as needed and implement and monitor the timeline for completion of evaluations. Analyze completed evaluations to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Ensures the availability and acquisition of appropriate talent in the right numbers, with the right skill mix, at the right time and place to meet ongoing organizational needs.
- Review internal salary increases and external offers to prospective new hires for internal equity and recommend salary amount.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Industrial Psychology or related field, or equivalent training and experience required. Advanced degree and or Human Resources Certification Institute certification desired, but not required.
Knowledge of human resources practices, laws and regulations required.
Two to five years of experience as a Human Resources Manager preferred. Minimum of two years' experience in a healthcare setting.
OrganizationPermian Premier Health Service
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
Employee Status* Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule* Days
Job Reference #: 1900855